We made it through Friday night alcohol free! Talk about a proud moment!
I had a few moments of doubt between the hours of 4-7pm but my husband and I did it, despite the fact that all the odds were stacked against us (our normal triggers):
- A stressful meeting earlier in the day
- A busy successful work week
- It being Friday!
- Gorgeous day/sunset
- The kids were gone for the night
- We had to go to a bar to get a check
- We could go out anywhere kid free!
- Dinner out!
- Celebrating life
Lol! These are our normal reasons to drink, and often to drink to excess. We did not have a drop! I feel so good :). Instead we enjoyed a healthy dinnner of spring rolls and pho!
These are the things I’ve noticed the first week in as far as changes from not drinking:
- Much more energy
- Clear head
- No hangovers!
- Awake and fresh early
- Sleeping great!
- Bloating is going way down
- I’ve lost several pounds
- Energy for workouts
- My face is not bloated and red
- My skin texture is improving
- I take time for more self care
- I want to be closer to my hubby
- I feel more positive
- No self loathing feelings
That’s the report for week one! If you have any thoughts or want to share where you are in your journey to self improvement please comment!
And I’m ready for round two! Week number two here I come!