I was thinking of the many contrasts and thought I’d start a list that we can all add to. This should be fun.
- Numb vs feeling
- Embarrassed vs proud
- Present vs absent
- Dying vs living
- Self centered vs loving
- Head ache vs clear head
- Red eyes vs clear eyes
- Sad vs happy
- Numb vs nervous
- Buzzed vs natural high
- Bloated vs slim
- Way out of control vs very controlled
- Stumbling vs waking
- Terrible role model vs great role model
- Anxious vs calm
- Worried vs relaxed
- DUI vs sober driving
- Lazy vs fit
- Fast food or no food vs cooking at home
- Drinking vs painting
- Hungover vs working out
- In bed all day vs being an early riser
- Self loathing vs blogging
- Going to bed too drunk to do it vs self care at night
- Passing out vs brushing my teeth and washing my face
- Falling asleep fully dressed, shoes and all vs sleeping in my beautiful pjs
- Puking on myself vs a nice end to the evening
- Sleeping hugging the toilet vs sleeping in my very comfy bed hugging my hubby
- Avoiding people vs facing them
- Pounding head in bed vs early walks with Bowie at sunrise
- Sitting drinking for 5 hours watching the sunset vs long bike rides at sunset (yes, I’m in Florida!)
- Empty calories vs whole healthy food
- “Oh shit where did I put that” vs organization
- Waking up wondering what I did bad last night due to a blackout vs waking up feeling happy, calm and centered
This list could go on and on and on but on day 8 of loving my new life, these are the things that came to me this beautiful full moon early Saturday morning.
Please feel free to add to the list in the comments. I would love to hear your top comparisons!
2 thoughts on “Drunk vs sober”
Great list! I love waking up in the morning and feeling grateful for sobriety. My biggest are healthy vs unhealthy and present vs absent (or preoccupied/distracted).
Excellent list. Isn’t it amazing that taking alcohol out of your life has so many positive implications? People don’t understand when I try to explain. Only when I read posts like these does it hit home what a poisonous and destructive thing it really is.
Keep ‘em coming